Tourist Police Nepal
“Tourist Police for Tourists’ safety”
To assure a safe and pleasant stay to all Tourists in Nepal.
- Tourist Police has an objective of preventing harassment, mistreatment and criminal activities against tourists.
- Tourist Police Nepal assures a pleasant and a memorable stay in Nepal including advising and assisting tourist in safety and security in tourism issues.
- Tourist police serve for safer destination Nepal.
- Tourist police are friends of tourist.
Tourist Police Nepal was established in 1979 AD as a special unit of Nepal Police working under Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation, Department of Tourism. Tourist Police today has the strength of 227 Officers working under the Supervision of Police Inspector and has 26 units spread throughout the country including 10 units inside the Kathmandu valley and 16 units outside the valley in 12 different districts. The Central Office is situated inside the Premises of Nepal Tourism Board, Bhrikutimandap Kathmandu Nepal. Since its inception, the tourist police have been active in facilitating tourists and delivering security services.
Tourist police register complaints, does preliminary investigation and recommend immediate action in order to assist in recovery of lost goods and documents of the tourists and prepare a police report. Tourist’s sites are in regular patrol and vigilance to prevent harassment and exploitation to tourists. Tourist police are skilled to extend better and efficient services to the tourists with its motto- “Tourist police for tourists’ safety”.
Current Activities and achievements:-
- 24 Hours Mobile service inside Kathmandu valley to ensure the safety for of the Tourists.
- To entertain tourists & their complaints courteously, record Complaints, investigate preliminary and implement necessary actionsIn a professional manner.
- To ensure a hassle free tour by keeping hawkers, beggars, peddlers, unauthorized tourist guides and street children away from the tourists.
- Maximum mobilization of tourist police in the Touristic destinations.
- Assisting the Tourists as per their needs.
- Facilitating in-between the Tourists and the other related agencies.
- Coordinating and networking Local Police Station and other concerning agencies in case of serious cases.
- Providing Police report to the Tourists after completion of investigation from the responsible local Police stations.
- Playing vital role of coordination in between the related Embassies, Consulates and the family members during the time if Tourists face any serious illness, mental problems, becomes victim of natural calamities etc.
- Tourist Police is motivated by appreciations and receiving ample encouraging feedbacks by concerned agencies and tourists on service delivery.
- Extensions of Tourist Police units in other touristic destinations.
- Conducting ‘Mobile Public Awareness Program” in the Touristic hubs to give additional information regarding safety measures, crimes against tourists and potential crimes by tourists within Nepal.
- Conducting different interaction program with all the Tourists related agencies to enhance the safety and security of the Tourists.
- Organizing trainings programs in collaborations with different embassies to strengthen different foreign language skill.
- Tourist Police Unit jointly in collaboration with other stake holders is Aiming seasonal patrol in trekking route in remote areas.
We are available at:-
- Tourist Police Bhrikutimandap (Central Office)
- Tourist Police Thamel
- Tourist Police Basantapur
- Tourist Police Pasupati
- Tourist Police Soyambhu
- Tourist Police Airport
- Tourist Police Mangal Bazar, Patan
- Tourist Police Bhaktapur
- Tourist Police Nagarkot.
- Tourist Police Boudha
No. 1 State Police Office
- Tourist Police Kakkarvitta Jhapa
- Tourist Police Lukla Solukhumbu
No. 2 State Police Office
- Tourist Police Janaki Mandir Dhanusha
- Tourist Police Birgunj Parsa
No. 3 State Police Office
- Tourist Police Sauraha, Chitwan
- Tourist Police Syaprubesi Rasuwa
No. 4 State Police Office
- Tourist Police Pokhara Baidam Kaski
- Tourist Police Dhampus Kaski
- Tourist Police Ghandruk Kaski
- Tourist Police Birethanti Kaski
- Tourist Police Chame Manang
- Tourist Police Jomsom Mustang
- Tourist Police Gorepani Myagdi
- Temporary Tourist Police, Bandipur Tanahun
No. 5 State Police Office
- Tourist Police Belhiya Rupendehi
- Tourist Police Lumbini Rupendehi
No matter when and where you are Dial 1144 (Toll Free, Hot line)
For any assistance in Nepal
Tourist Police Nepal
Bhrikutimandap Kathmandu. (Inside the premises of Nepal Tourism Board)
+977-14247041, 9851289444, 1144 (Toll Free, Hot line)